As the author of the Global Standard for Nature-based Solutions™, IUCN is proposing a Professional Certificate to train individuals from all sectors interested in gaining expertise in the field.
About this course
The concept of Nature-based Solutions (NbS) is gaining momentum around the world and NbS are increasingly accepted and implemented to address our societal challenges. They can provide over a third of our climate mitigation needs while benefiting people and nature.
The next edition of the Professional Certificate takes place in Spring of 2023. The dates will be announced in 2023.
What will you get from this course?
- The understanding of what Nature-based Solutions are, and the capacity to recognise examples of NbS
- The capacity to highlight the gaps in evidence-based data on Nature-based Solutions
- Methods to identify the starting point for integrating Nature-based Solutions into your work
- Improved critical thinking on the opportunities and challenges for Nature-based Solutions
- The ability to better reach, communicate and cooperate with other similar or complementary projects and initiatives
- An expanded ability to use systems thinking to assess and design Nature-based Solutions
Why should you take this course?
- Pave the way towards positive change as you gain expertise in using the assessment tool to evaluate NbS interventions
- Explore new career paths as you become an IUCN-certified professional on the IUCN Global Standard for NbS™.
- Participate in the development of the Standard as you contribute to increasing the collective knowledge and share your experiences
- Join a network of peers for continuous learning, building collaborations and developing alliances on NbS.
The Professional Certificate
Candidates who successfully complete the programme will be awarded an IUCN Professional Certificate on the IUCN Global Standard on Nature-based Solutions™. Through this Professional Certificate, IUCN recognises your capacity in providing advice and technical input for the design and assessment of potential NbS initiatives.
As the IUCN Standard is constantly evolving, the Professional Certificate will be valid for a period of 4 years. IUCN will provide candidates with the means to extend its validity beyond that period through subsequent training opportunities.
- Partial scholarships available for low-income countries
- Not-for-profit organisations: 2'950 CHF
- IUCN Members: 10% discount on Not-for-profit rate
- For-profit organisations: 3'950 CHF
- 3-5 hours per week self-paced courses.
- 2 hours live meeting every 2 weeks.
Candidates for admission must satisfy the following conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a degree/diploma deemed to be equivalent
- Proficiency in English
- At least three (3) years of work experience
📆 EDITION #5 to start in Spring 2023